Thursday, November 06, 2008

Ewwwwww....

So yesterday I was updating my blog. Corgan was watching "Super Why" (freaking cute show on PBS) and Caiden was playing in the kitchen with his cars. I click "Post" and decide Caiden's a bit too quiet in the kitchen and I need to check on him.

"Awww man! Who spilled the chocolate milk? Wait a minute. That's chunky. That's not chocolate milk! EWWWWW!!!!"

Needless to say, the stench had wafted to my nostrils at that moment and I realized someone's diaper couldn't hold his load. Honestly, I was gagging as I cleaned crap up off of the floor. Caiden, however, thought it was simply hilarious. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

So sorry, no pictures of this catastrophe...

THEN, just to show you what a neglectful horrible mother I am, I was getting gas yesterday, stepped out of the car, shut the door and realized I had LOCKED THE KIDS IN THE FREAKING CAR. I smooshed my face into Corgan's window and talked him through unbuckling his seat belt. More like, yelled, banged on the window and plead with Corgan to "PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!!! NO, THE RED ONE. CORGAN! HELLO!? STOP WATCHING DORA. NO! THE RED BUTTON. DO YOU WANT ICE CREAM? YEAH? PUSH THE RED BUTTON DANG IT!" BAM BAM BAM

He finally got it and I cannot tell you how relieved I was. Seriously twenty minutes had passed. Now I'm a little concerned that Corgan's new skill will be tried out on the freeway. I'll probably be tooling down the road when I'll look next to me and see Corgan climbing up to the front seat. Hmmm.... What the heck am I going to do?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't being a mom fun?? That was too funny!

Anonymous said...

OMG Kelly...that is so like you!!! lol!!! love ya

Jess said...

Kelly, you seriously make me laugh! Glad I know you.

Jamie Dana said...

Ohhhhhhhh, I have SO been there. You are lucky Corgan is old enough to figure out how to unlock the door himself. I was afraid I was going to go to jail for locking Katelyn in the car accidently.

I love it, "do you want ice-cream? OPEN THE DOOR!" So funny!!!

That diaper sounds awful! I think I am going to buy some of those hospital gloves to have on hand always for such happy occasions. Maybe I should pick up a box for you too...

Erek and Portia said...

Awesome story! These has happened to me, too (both the diaper incident and the locked car). The joys of motherhood.