Saturday, October 13, 2007

Kids say the darndest things... And so do adults....

** Corgan was sitting in his carseat when he had an "ah HA!" moment -
"Kid. I'm a KID! Boy. Boy.... I'm a boy! I'm a KID BOY!"

** When I teach, I sometimes talk to my class about random things like the latest on Britney Spears or current tv shows. I started talking about Dancing with the Stars with my class of middle aged women. "I'm rooting for Marie Osmond. Man, she is doing GREAT! And she's OLD! Uh. I mean, she's not young. I mean, she's like, you know, not twenty or something and she's doing really great. She's not old. I was just kidding." Talk about open mouth, insert foot. I actually tend to do that a lot. I'm kind of a dork.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE it!!!! I insert my foot in my mouth a lot also:)

Anonymous said...

You learned it from your mom. There have been times I've had BOTH feet in my mouth! And Corgan is right! He is a boy and he is a kid. Boy, is he ever a kid!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

LOVE IT!!! He's just so smart, and so funny!

And Marie Osmand IS old. She's like a GRANDMOTHER! Wow! She's a woman. And she's old. She's an old woman.

Michael said...

I had a teacher in college who said in class once, "I am actually 70 years old", to which I blurted out "NO WAY!" The lady was all wrinkled and looked like she slept on corduroy pants and could have witnessed the birth of Christ. She heard me and got a big smile and said, "Oh! You are so sweet!"...she thought that I was thinking she was younger than she said. But my foot was still in my mouth!

Jodi said...

Being a former aerobic instructor, I know how 'sticking your foot in your mouth in front of tons of people' feels. In fact, I did it on more than one occasion...and almost swallowed a whole leg once!

Charlotta-love said...

I do that all the time. Usually it involves weight instead of age though. d'oh!