On my 17th birthday I was a cheerleader in high school and my birthday fell on a Friday. Fridays are a BIG deal in a Texas town during football season, so during lunch we had a pep rally. I was head cheerleader that week (we rotated so EVERYONE could feel special...) and had just said, "Ready?" for the last cheer. They didn't say, "OK!" I was really confused. One of the cheerleaders said, "Not yet!" And proceeded to lead the entire gym in an offkey rendition of Happy Birthday. It was so awesome!
My mom and brother were there for the pep rally and had brought me a balloon boquet with Diet Dr. Pepper and Junior Mints (which were my favorite things at the time). There were seventeen little mini boxes of junior mints with a memory of each year of my life taped to the box. I still have the little notes my mom wrote in a memory box in the attic! It was a lot of fun!
!!!UPDATE!!!
I think my air is finally fixed. YAHOO!!!! We had several days of very uncomfortable living conditions, but have finally maintained 76 degrees in the house for three whole days. It's a miracle. How on EARTH did people survive without AC?????
I will post more pictures of my adorable spawn soon. My camera will not connect to my computer, so I have to go to Walmart and get a picture cd made. Very convenient...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow!! That is pretty memorable. Your Mom does some of the sweetest things.
Yep, your mom is sweet, but her brother is sweeter.
How neat!
That's cool. I was going to say to do that for your boys but I don't think any of them will be head cheerleaders. ... uh... maybe quarterback or something. :o)
My brother thinks he's sweeter than I am. Have I ever told you about how I used to wait on him when he was sick, then when I got sick (from HIS germs) he would just go out and play. That doesn't sound very sweet to me. It sounds like he may be smarter, but not sweeter...wait a minute, I was younger then, NOW I'm smarter AND sweeter and still younger than him.
Post a Comment