Monday, September 24, 2007

Confession....

I must confess. I have issues. Serious, serious issues. Food issues. I love food. If you get between me and my meal, you'd better look out cause you're fixin to get smacked. I wasn't always this way. I think I began my food obsession in college, but that's another story for another day.

I don't understand those people that look at the clock and say, "Oh gee. I forgot to eat." Me, I'm always checking the clock, thinking, "Two more hours to dinner! I think I'll eat a cookie." That being said, on Friday I was on my way home from Paris and stopped off at a fast food establishment that will remain anonymous to protect the innocent. Now, having two kids in the car, I decided to go through the drive thru. It was already 2 and I hadn't eaten since that morning (that's a lie. I'd had a protein bar at 11, so I wasn't starving) and was becoming ravenous. I pull up to the speaker and wait. And wait.

"We'll be with you in a minute."

Ok. No biggee. Hmmm. Do I want the grilled chicken salad or the number 5. I think I want the number 5 so I can get fries, but I really need to be good and just get the salad. What to do what to do.

Five minutes pass of me debating between the salad and the trans fat laden french fry meal.

"We'll be with you in a minute."

"Ummm. Ok?"

Another five minutes pass and I finally place my order. I get the salad. I pull up, pay the nice woman in the drive thru and she tells me to pull ahead, that someone would bring my order right out. So, I pull up. I check my email, play solitaire, listen to Nemo, twiddle my thumbs, and wait. And wait. TWENTY FIVE MINUTES PASS BY!!!! Umm, helllooooo? This is FAST food?

I drive around and pull up to the drive thru window. I'm ticked. I'm hungry. And I want my money back. The lady in the drive thru window looked at me and said, "Hold on a minute, let me get you some crackers."

"No, actually I will NOT hold on a minute. I want my money back. I don't want the salad."

So after some more finger tapping and eye rolling, she gets my money back and I ask to speak to the manager. "He's the one that was handing this order." "And?"

The manager comes to the window. He's all of nineteen years old. He blows me off and sends me on my way.

Oh, no you didn't! I call the headquarters for this establishment and tattle. Yes, I did! I told them exactly what happened! I pulled into this joint at 2:10 and left saladless at 2:50. I was pissed. Like I said, you don't come between me and my food. I might bite. Hard.

By the way, I did stop later and got a grilled chicken salad. And a large order of fries. I burn lots of calories when I yell.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you didn't end up letting them give you that salad you ordered...it probably would have been spit in. Go to the other "you know where" next time. I'd be curious to know what happened after you reported him. They didn't know who they were messing with! HA!

Charlotta-love said...

Perhaps 2pm is the new busy hour...

Anonymous said...

why is it such a big secret....you should let people know so they dont go to that one and get just as frustrated as you. ok if you dont tell them i'm TELLING!!!!!!! yep...im gonna:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I TOTALLY am dying to know the NAME!!!! PLEASE TELL!!!! If I get good service I rave about it....if it is bad service I rave about it too!

Anonymous said...

Mom told me about this and I think it's just awful, but don't tell anyone what the name of the place is. It could cause problems...
but....Whatta story, Whatta place for lousy service, Whatta temper you have, Whatta poor manager and Whatta way to get even.
Good thing you didn't order a BURGER at the unnamed fast food place.
Whatta relief.

Mandie said...

That is so weird. I don't know what I would have done if I were you.

I hear that companies search the internet for complaints such as yours and use them for good. Maybe if you did say the name you might get some restitution. It's a longshot but, I mean, what bad could come from it?

Jodi said...

I am making a mental note...'Don't mess with Kelly and her food' ;)

Amanda said...

got it:) I've never had a problem there before...but good WARNING!