Oh my goodness. I am so sore. It hurts to breathe. I got certified yesterday as a Turbo Kick Instructor! YAHOO!!!! Now I've been taking group exercise classes for about ten years now, teaching for two. In all those years I have never found anything as fun as Turbo Kickboxing (TKB). Every class is like a party! There is great music, kicking, punching (not that you'd really have those at a party but whatever), dancing and acting like a total spaz. It took me about a year and a half to get the guts to go through with the certification. It's an intense format!!! Anyway, I sucked it up and went for it. So, after about five hours of kickboxing yesterday, I came home with very sweaty stinky clothes and a new energy and passion for TKB!!!! And then I woke up this morning hurting in places I didn't know could hurt. Yikes.
I can't wait to teach my first class - I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! I'll be taking over a TKB class on Thursday nights beginning in April. I'll let you all know how it goes! (Jodi, you should totally look into it - www.turbokick.com)


7 comments:
Ok...I just ordered a series of tapes called 'Turbo Jam' by Beachbody products. Is this similar? They have yet to arrive...can't wait to get started :)
I can feel your energy through the computer! Wish I could fly to Texas and take one of your classes!!
I wish I had a smidgeon of your enthusiasm for exercise...I'm impressed!
I'm glad you enjoy those classes so much...wish I had the energy to do it too!
I'll have to come take one of the classes! Maybe one day you can come take a yoga class with me.
I love it when I am a "good" sore after working out. When I went to go do yoga with the cheerleaders last week, they had a "boot camp" type workout beforehand. I was so sore, it hurt to staple 2 pieces of paper together. Loved it!
That's so great!
Jodi - It is just like Turbo Jam. It's created by the same person, it's just the live classes. SO MUCH FUN!!!!
Way to go Kelly!!!
Post a Comment