Sunday, August 06, 2006

CPS Here we come....

I am probably one of the most horrible mothers on the face of the planet. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but at least the worst on my block. Aside from Crazy Drunk Lady. She's probably worse. Ok, I'm the worst mom in my house. There. On Thursday, Corgan fell and banged his head on the fireplace. THE FIREPLACE!!!! We'd put those foam bumpers on them and he kept ripping them off so we gave up. He's done really well with the fireplace and then... BAM!!! I thought I was going to pass out or throw up or both. He has a HUGE knot between his eyes. He looks like a baby unicorn working on it's horn. I felt awful. The doctor's office said that we should only be concerned if he acted dizzy, lethargic, was knocked unconcious (well, duh...) or was throwing up, so I watched him like a hawk and he started running around like a loon, so I figured he was ok. I'll have to post the pictures later.

THEN, the Bryans came with us to Dave and Busters. While the guys were playing video games, Danielle and I took Corgan and Evan to Barnes and Noble to look at books. Corgan was playing contentedly with the train set they had there so I said to Danielle, "I'm going to look over here for a book." What I failed to say was, "Can you watch Corgan while I'm gone?" She thought Corgan was with me, I thought Corgan was with her, I get back ten minutes later and he's GONE. Danielle and I started to panic, the Barnes and Noble people called "Code Adam" and started to shut down the store. Then we hear him call "Na Na!" He was just running around looking for me. There my poor boy is with an enormous knot on his head walking around looking for his mommy. So, not only do I look like I abuse my child, but now I look like I'm neglectful.

Crappy, crappy day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( :( :( I feel so bad! but the important thing is, he was only "missing" for like a minute and a half and we found him right away....so he wont be scarred or anything.

Mandie said...

Oh no! Poor Corgan...poor KELLY! After all that, you deserve to be drama free for a LONG time!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

And you're having ANOTHER baby in February?!? jk

You are a terrific mom, so quit being so hard on yourself. Hey, I didn't strap Emily in her carseat the other day and I didn't notice until WE GOT HOME!!!! So, in a sense, we're all bad moms...

Amanda said...

aahhh! What a BAD day! Just be glad you didn't end up in the ER from the fireplace & you found him right away at the bookstore! What a blessing! If you want to know how to kid proff a brick fireplace I am the Queen at that! Just ask:) It may not look real pretty though!

Anonymous said...

You had a bad day. Your'e taking one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around. Sorry, just couldn't help myself. That song just reminded me of your day. Don't worry Kelly, your'e not alone. I remember the time when I took Carter to Kohl's with me. He decided to play hide n seek in the clothes rack. He wouldn't answer me when I called out his name. Let just say that I was very happy to find him. Kelly, you are a great MOM!! When I see Corgan with you I see how much he loves his
Na Na :)