Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And I thought ONE was hard?!

Sheesh! I've been trying to post for about a week now, and every single time I sit down, Caiden decides he hasn't eaten for about thirty minutes and is going to die of starvation, Corgan runs around like a mad man or Travis needs the computer.

Right now, Corgan is getting a bath and Caiden is asleep in his carseat, so all is quiet. For a minute.

Things are going pretty well. It is definitely a juggling act! Mornings are hardest. Caiden wakes up about 7:30 to eat and poop and Corgan wakes up around the same time. It's really hard to fix breakfast with a baby on your boob, let me tell you what. And going places with the both of them? HA!

Case in point. Yesterday we had playgroup at the park. We were packing up to go and I turned around to get Caiden all situated in his carseat when Corgan runs off with his buddy Zach. No big deal, except when I hiked across the soccer field to collect my youngin, I noticed he had LOST HIS HEARING AIDES. I use the term "lost" very loosely. To be more accurate, he probably chunked them. Hearing aides are not cheap. And hearing aides are not covered by insurance. And hearing aides are a pain in the butt. So we looked for about forty-five minutes for those bright blue hearing aides to no avail. They are gone. I cannot even begin to explain how upset I was. How MAD I was.

Anyway, Corgan is without hearing aides, but there is more to the story. I don't have time to get into it now, but apparently a hearing aid company is doing a big promotion for kids with hearing loss and are going to provide Corgan with a FREE PAIR OF STATE OF THE ART HEARING AIDES!!!!!!!! There is going to be a big ceremony with celebrities (Nicole Kidman and Elton John were there last year) where they will present the kids with their hearing aides and then afterwards, the kids are invited to a movie premier! There will be a red carpet and everything, but the celebrities aren't going to walk down it, the kids will since it's their special night! How awesome is this!? But, the only drawback is that we'll have to wait until April 23rd to get the hearing aides, which is stinky. So we're going to try and get some loaners from his audiologist.

Well, Corgan's yelling so I'll write more later!

6 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

See now Corgan has an excuse for not coming when he's asked, doing what he's told, etc. Sounds like he is pretty smart. :o)

And that's WAY cool about the hearing aids. Isn't it cool how things just "work out like that"? YEAH!!!

Amanda said...

That is so neat about the free hearing aides!!! Sounds like a BIG blessing!!!! Hopefully you can get the loaners soon! Just remember "this too shall pass...."

Anonymous said...

Pictures, where are the pictures??? I need, I need, I want....lots of them....often...
please.....thank you! Give the boys a smooch from me.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Hey Nana, go to my blog. I have pictures.

Sorry he lost his hearing aides, but cool about the red carpet deal! I wish I could be there for that!

Mandie said...

Ugh! KELLY! You're supposed to say having two kids is SO EASY! I'm so freaked out about having the second one because all I hear is how hard it is.

Kelly said...

it's hard, but SO worth it, mandie!