Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sad picture.

AM I WEIRD?



Don't answer that. But this picture makes me sad. Can I still blame hormones? When I look at this picture that was taken a mere six days before Caiden was born, I get kind of weepy. I spent two plus years as Corgan's mommy and he was the center of my universe. The sun that my world revolved around. I am going to miss our special time together, just the two of us. And then I feel guilty that I can't pay that individualized attention on Caiden. I feel pulled in two different directions. Sniff sniff. Man am I weepy. I think I'll stop now, my tears are going to fry up the keyboard.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amanda said...

That is an adorable picture:) Frame it!!! I can relate to your exact feelings even though I haven't had another one yet:( I think all moms get that feeling in the beginning...those darn hormones!

Charlotta-love said...

Dang it...now I want to have a kid. I should not be allowed to read your blog or about Emily until I've been married for a year!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

I get weepy just looking at Emily. So no, you're not weird.

Anonymous said...

Oh toughen up. I'm not crying.
Oh please, I cried when I took our doggie/daughter Lola to get her first haircut. So, I don't think it's female hormones. Let's just blame it on Mom.

Mandie said...

No, that's not weird! I worry about that all the time. I don't want to feel like a traitor by loving another baby just as much as Abby. But I guess we all get over it once the newness wears off.

molly said...

Girl that is so normal but it will get easier as time goes on. Ben is 2 months today and the older they get the more balance you find.

Kelly said...

You guys are so awesome!!! Thanks so much for making me feel better (and less weird!)!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course you aren't weird, it's common knowledge that wimmen are captives of their hormones. I had a patient just today ask me one of those hormone type questions, I looked at her and said, "I don't understand female hormones even after 40+ years of marriage. That's why I didn't go into OB/GYN."
Testosterone I can understand, even tho it makes me bald...