Monday, April 16, 2007

Baby Grins...




Caiden has the sweetest little smile that just melts my heart! He smiles with his whole body, moving his arms and legs around, cooing and flirting. He is such a happy, sweet baby and I love him so much! He smiles at balloons, his brother and right after a nap.

Caiden is really growing FAST!!!! He already weighs almost eleven pounds!!! The kid nurses all the time and refuses to take a pacifier. Stinker.

The other day I about had a heart attack. I had strapped Caiden in his car seat and walked out of the room for JUST A SECOND when I heard this THUNK and a high pitched squeal. My heart dropped when I ran back into the living room and saw the car seat upside down. I screamed and scared Corgan who started crying and put my hand under the car seat to see if Caiden's head had hit the carpet. Apparently those car seats are freaking amazing. He was just upside down, but strapped in where his head wasn't falling forward at all. Thank heaven. I was shaking so bad, pulled him out of the car seat and held him and Corgan, with all three of us crying. It scared me sooooo freaking bad. I have never felt so sick. Caiden seemed a little dazed so I went ahead and took him to the doctor, who told me that he was absolutely fine, but had a yeast infection and thrush.... Sigh.

How is it that children survive? How?!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Oh.my.goodness! He is SO ADORABLE!!! That grin!!!

Anonymous said...

He sure is a cutie! He's filling out and getting bigger so he can "hold his own" with Corgan. I'm glad he wasn't hurt. Remember, when they grow up, they have their own children and then their children scare the pee-wadden out of them. That's part of the "Mother's Curse". Yep, fun ain't it? It is sooooo worth every tear and gray hair and the prize is YOU GET ADORABLE GRANDCHILDREN!

Amanda said...

What a sweet smile!I don't know how kids survive either!!!! When I was 2 I heals my baby brother by the foot and dangled him off the side of the bed. My mom said she just tried not to scream as she came to rescue him so I wouldn't drop him! Good thing you had strapped him in and not just set him in the car seat!!!!

Mandie said...

Oh! I pray that I get a sweet little boy too!

I hate scary moments like that. It really makes you think what COULD have happened and no one likes to think about that!

Anonymous said...

He is too cute!! I like his smile.

Charlotta-love said...

CUTE BABY!!!
My dad and I was out running errands when I was a toddler. I wasn't strapped in...there were no seatbelt laws then. Dad suddenly braked and I went flying towards the floorboard and had a big shiner for awhile. ...and I turned out totally normal...right? Right? RIGHT?!