Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Corgan Dear!!!

We FINALLY celebrated Corgan's third birthday this past Friday at McDonalds. A lot of people didn't realize McDonalds still had birthday packages, but let me tell you! They do and it's super affordable!!!! I think I may do it for Caiden this year...

You know, I always wanted a birthday party at McDonalds. That was the "in" thing when I was in elementary school and all the cool kids had their parties at the local Micky D's. We'd wear our hats and drink our orange punch, jump into the ball pits and eat greasy fries and hamburgers. Sigh... I never did get a McDonalds birthday party. With a Dad in medical school and three older brothers and a sister we didn't have much (i.e. ANY) money for that sort of thing. Sniff. Don't you feel sorry for me? Isn't your heart just breaking?

Anyway, enough about my poor white trash childhood void of birthday parties and Happy Meal toys.

We had a great turn out at the party, but my camera totally stinks and I didn't get many pics before the battery gave up the ghost.

This is a great shot to hold on to and show his prom date:



Tammie and the boys were able to be there, as well as the all important NANA.



I LOVED how the hat made Corgan's ears stick out... Made him look a bit like someone else I know....



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess where I'm taking you for your birthday dinner this year!!! I don't recall you EVER asking for a birthday party at McDonalds...I do remember you wanting slumber parties...how many did you have that one year??? TWELVE giggling girls! Yep, turned my hair gray OVERNIGHT!!! McDonalds would have been soooooo much easier and cheaper, too. You were so high maintenance and we were not poor, we were just on a really, really tight budget. Corgan seemed to enjoy his birthday party. Especially the ICE CREAM!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of fun!!!

Charlotta-love said...

He looks like one of the 7 dwarfs. :o)

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday, Corgan!

Michael said...

What do you mean you didn't get a McDonalds Birthday Party? Me, your other two brothers, and older sister each had at least 5 or 6 McDonalds Birthday Parties. Must be because you weren't a favorite... But you did get a pony. Oh wait, that went to the favorite daughter.
Didn't you love the rock and piles of dirt you got for your birthdays? I'm jealous...yup. I'm eaten up with jealousy.

Love ya!