Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Little Trashman










Well, we had a big day today! Corgan and I woke up late (around 9:45) and had to leave for Gymboree at 10 so it was a mad dash out the door. It's amazing what you can do in 15 minutes!!! We made it late, but still had a fun time. Today we focused on bouncing and tossing balls and if I do say so myself, I think I have a future basketball player! He really liked tossing the balls into the basketball hoop. Next time I'll bring my camera so I can post some pictures on my blog... he just loves Gymboree. After that we went to the mall to hang out with the Gymboree Buds. Fun fun! I forgot my stroller so I had to lug Corgan around. Needless to say, we didn't stay long.

Corgan did really well with his hearing aids during the first half of the day. When Daddy got home, Corgan threw them out and we spent quite a while searching for them. Finally we started digging through the trash and there it was, under onion peels and roast beef. Yum! Thank heaven we found it. That's a pretty expensive piece of trash. Kinda thinkin that's where my wedding ring went. It's been about six months and I still haven't found it. Sigh....

I went to Young Womens tonight and had a great time. I serve with some pretty awesome women. We did a service project for a hospital in Ethiopia that provides medical care to women there with a medical complication from having babies too early in life. There are girls over there that are NINE years old having babies. Their little bodies just aren't developed enough and they go through several days of labor only to give birth to a stillborn. Then they develop a complication called fistula. Look it up on webmd. I won't go into detail... Anyway, we made them some really pretty bracelets for when they leave the hospital. I think the girls really enjoyed it.

When I came home after the activity tonight I just busted through the garage door and apparently Corgan was there waiting for me to come through. I smacked him in the head with the door and oh my goodness he was so freakin upset (so was I!!!!) and he screamed and cried for about fifteen minutes. I felt so terrible. He looked my right in the eye and smacked me in the face. I deserved it, I think.... Anyway, he's fine now.... I think part of his being upset was he was shocked and his feelings were hurt. Not to mention a freaking door slamming into his head. Man I'm a crappy mommy.

After recovering from that trauma, Corgan boogied down with Ernie! We have this little Ernie doll that sings songs and kinda bounces around and Corgan just LOVES it. He dances and pulls me in the room to jam with him. Corgan really loves music!



Well, I'm going to go give my little buddy a bath and try to get a workout in. TTFN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's nice what you did at Young Womens...it's awfully sad though. :(

Anonymous said...

LOL! That probably is where your wedding rings went!