Today was freakin 107 degrees. HOT!!!! I hate summers in Texas! But, at least my airconditioner sort of works. Poor, poor Danielle! Her AC cut out on her last night and she was miserable. She called her apartment complex to tell them about it, and they really didn't seem too concerned. Now, if she didn't have a seven month old child at home as well as an animal, I might understand them taking care of some other things first, but she is a stay at home mommy and doesn't have a car to take her away from the heat. Can you believe the maintenance guy told her they were fixing a garage door before her AC? When Danielle (rightfully so) told the guy that her AC should take precedence, he said, "Well, this lady's been waiting for a few days and she has valuables." Ummm, hello? What is more valuable than a child's life? The heat was record high today! At 10 her apt was already 90 degrees and poor Evan had sweat dripping down his back. Danielle went to the office to raise hell and gave me a call and stayed at my house where it was a little cooler. Poor thing!
Danielle's day just had to get worse from there. Evan has just started crawling and is a little bit off balance and fell, hitting his head on one of Corgan's toys. This huge knot popped right up on his head. Danielle freaked. I remember the first time Corgan fell and bumped his head, I wasn't too calm either. Anyway, I got some frozen peas, slapped them on his head and we took him to the ER because Danielle was really worried. Evan only cried for about ten seconds and then was his usual flirty, smiley self. He's fine, but I bet he has quite a headache!!!
David met us at the hospital and after waiting FOREVER in the room, Evan was finally seen and deemed healthy and happy. Travis, Corgan, Danielle, David, Evan and I celebrated by going to Cristina's so I could get some tortilla soup. I was so proud of Danielle, she actually tried (and liked!!!!) Mexican food!!! Woo hoo!!!!
Anyway, I have two classes I'm teaching tomorrow and I am worn out! I'm hoping Corgan goes to sleep at a decent hour tonight cause I'm pooped! The only thing we have planned tomorrow is Gymboree. Then it's NAP CITY at Casa de Cole!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
poor me:(
Post a Comment