
We had a great weekend! Mom and Dad came down on Friday and we went out to eat and to the Church bookstore. I love going there! We got a cool DVD for FHE that has the lesson, scripture, and song on it, so all you need to add is refreshments! It's a cute cartoon of the Joseph Smith story, so I think that Corgan will like it. It's the lazy family's way of doing FHE, but hey, at least we're doing it!!!!
Saturday I dropped Mom off at Hobby Lobby while I taught a class and she got to shop for about an hour and a half at her leisure! She bought this huge Christmas tree and luckily it fit in my Expedition! Afterwards we went to Mimi's for lunch and it was great to have a nice meal without interruption (although we did miss Corgan!).
After that, Corgan and I went to a Heavenly Toes party (check out the link http://heavenlytoes.com/ ) and got a present for my mom for her birthday! You get your child's foot or hand print put on a piece of pottery and then an artist creates a really cool picture on it. They have things for Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving and all year round. It's really pretty neat! We'll see how it turns out. The woman who did Corgan's feet said he was by far the most difficult child she had ever tried. It took all of my strength to keep him from kicking the plate (or the woman in the head) and he cried like he was dying. Then Konner gets up there (one of my friend's little boys) and he just sits there like an angel and doesn't even move. Sheesh. Corgan is so DRAMATIC!!!!! Anyway, the piece will be back in a few weeks and I'll take a picture of it.
Then we went to the Michael's for the family dinner. My cousin Matt was there from California and we haven't seen him in about eleven years! It was really nice to see him and visit with him. He's a good guy.
Today was church and then the Bryan's came over for dinner. Travis cooked on the grill, even though it was raining (he's nuts) and we had a great dinner. They are awesome! We played a Friend's Trivia Game that Danielle and I won (of course).
Now I am tuckered out and I have a class at 6 that I hope I make it to.... ;) Night!

6 comments:
Interesting photo. How did you manage to get the group to pose exactly the same way as they did for the photo on our website? Oh wait, did you even bring a camera? Grin.
Sounds like you had a busy weekend. I totally want to challenge you guys to the Friends Trivia Game! That would be so fun.
Sounds like a busy fun weekend! How in the world do you get up to teach a 6 am class??? I am up at 6 usually with Pierce but that means in my PJ's eating a cinnimon Roll, watching Noggin tv!
It was a fun weekend! I love it when we can all get together. If we get much bigger, we may have to start renting a banquet hall somewhere to fit us all in. Wow, that would mean even MORE grandkids...coooool!
*photo courtesy of the Hayes Family Blog.
We definitely need to have a Friend's Trivia Bowl. Danielle and David are DANG good!!! It would be fun for all of us to get together and do that....
Post a Comment