Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Milestones
Sigh. Today was a hard day for me. Corgan has had ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) coming out to work with him two to three times a week for the last two and a half years and today was his last visit. ECI is for little ones birth to three and he turns three a week from today. His speech therapist (Julie) and developmental specialist (Chelle) came out together today and we had a little party for him. It was really special for me because Julie and Chelle were talking about some of the great things they'll remember about Corgan. Like how he used to be obsessed with drawing balloons, and how he used to pretend to faint. At the end of the visit I bawled. It was really hard for me. I know Corgan doesn't understand, and he may not ever remember these visits, but these women played such a major role in his life and development. Without them, I know that Corgan wouldn't be doing as well as he is. He definitely wouldn't be ready for school. I hope they know just how much they've meant to my little family. Corgan will miss running to the door to see if Julie's here and Chelle's fun games. I know I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
My mom always told me to enjoy your children because they grow up so fast....Kelly, enjoy your children because they grow up so fast and sometimes that hurts. Hang in there.
Aww, that's so sweet. He's doing so great! What a special little guy you have there. I can't wait to see how he does in school! He's going place, I tell ya.
I haven't quite gotten close to our ECI girl yet. She's kinda reserved, and neither Abby or I are like that. Plus we've only been with her for 6 months...
I'm so glad he's doing well!
Change is hard...especially when it involves our children growing up! But, I'm glad the change means your little guy is doing so well :)
Watching your children grow up may be hard sometimes, but special moments like these you will always treasure.
Congratulations to Corgan! He's getting so big now... just wait until Chrissy gets you his birthday pictures... him and his new watch, so funny!
Post a Comment