Do you ever have one of those days. You know what I mean. A day where you want to just crawl back into bed, throw a blanket over your head and sleep until tomorrow? I had one of those days this week...
The boys and I had to leave the house because someone was going to come a scrape the fur off my toilets and hose down the showers for me since I can never find the time (I think I refuse to find the time) to clean my house myself. Anyway, we got out of the house before Travis and went to Whataburger for breakfast. I hadn't been there in a while, and I must say they have the best Diet Coke. Mmmm....
Anyway, the boys and I had a lovely breakfast and I had a ton of soda so by the end of our meal I reallllllly had to go potty. I mean, I was dancing in the seat. So I grab Caiden, grab our sodas, and haul butt into the bathroom with Corgan by my side. Well, apparently they had JUST mopped the floors (and failed to put a wet floor sign up) and I totally biffed it. I mean drinks flew everywhere, I nearly dropped Caiden on his head, slammed my knee and just about peed my pants. Caiden's freaking out because his butt is now dripping wet with Diet Coke and I'm limping into the stall so I don't make an even bigger fool of myself. Corgan is saying, "Oh, Mommy. Are you ok? I'm so sorry! You ok? Mommy?" I'm shouting out of the stall, "Yeah. Fine. Just fine." I finish my business and come out of the stall to find Corgan on his knees with a tiny paper towel trying to clean up the ginormous mess. He's saying, "I'm sorry mommy. I clean up." Too sweet!!
We hobble out of the restroom (which honestly wasn't exactly "rest"ful) and I tell the cashier about our incident. When we were leaving Corgan went back to the bathroom and said, "Clean up! Clean up the spill!"
"No, we don't need to clean it up honey. Someone else will take care of it."
Concerned look. "But, we need to clean up. Everybody do their share!"
"Honey. No. We need to get in the car. Someone else will clean up the mess."
He was so cute! He really wanted to go back in there and clean up our mess. Of course, at home he throws things all over and won't clean up, but whatever.
After wasting HOURS around town I come home, open the door and do not smell the clean smell I was expecting to smell. My toilets were still fuzzy and my shower still dirty. Travis had apparently locked the safety latch on our door so the housekeeper couldn't enter. So, my house is still unsanitary since she can't come for another week and a half. I guess I'll have to get the chisel out and go at it myself. Grrrrrr....
Later that day I slice my hand open with a can and then while the Verizon guy is at our house, I squat down to pick up Caiden and hear this, "rrrrrrrrrip!" Totally ripped the butt out of my pants.
Seriously? Can I start over, please? And maybe I should consider cutting back on those Cowboy Cookies. Can't afford to rip the butt out of anymore pants. Besides, it's kinda embarrassing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Ah, I love it when someone else has a worse day than I've had. But seriously, it's not hard since I don't really leave the house. But anyway... I'm sorry you ripped your pants and fell and hurt your knee. So how cute was it that Corgan wanted to clean up your mess??? Goodness, he's a fine young man.
What no pics???????
I'm sorry you had a bad day. That was sweet of Corgan to offer to clean up the mess. Such good manners.
I was working at the creamery one day. My shift started at 3. It was about 3:15. I was walking in the back to put away some items and stepped on one of the industrial clean-up-the-entire-room-in-one-spray hoses. The pressure from stepping on the hose pushed down the nozzle and water sprayed everywhere...mostly on my khaki pants. To make matters worse, the creamery was giving a tour to an elementary class right then so I had to walk, or slop, right next to a class of 20.
It was a long night. 11 couldn't come soon enough.
Oh man...we have all had those kinds of days. Yours sounded horrible but I couldn't help but giggle because you are SO DANG FUNNY! Next time you feel one of those days coming on...stay in bed and call for backup!
Post a Comment