Things have been busy! Corgan has been having some really bad nosebleeds and ear infections, so we went to the ENT on Tuesday and Dr. Bauer said he would like to get his adenoids removed, tubes put in his ears and his left nostril cauterized. And can we do it Friday? WHAT?!
So we (and I use that "we" term loosely) scrambled to get the funds together and schedules rearranged in order to have Corgan ready to go first thing Friday morning. Travis stayed home with Caiden while Corgan and I went to the Pediatric Surgery Center at 7:45 Friday morning.
The surgery went well, but Corgan really didn't like coming out of the anesthesia. He really cried and said, "It hurts!" and was really miserable. It BROKE my heart. I don't know how the nurses do it, listening to all these small children crying and hurting. When he was finally able to come home, he laid in the bed and slept for four hours. He threw up a couple of times, but all in all did ok.
Then, CAIDEN was up most of the night with a fever! AAAHHHH!!! Two sick kiddos at the same time?! Sheesh. Thankfully I had subbed out my Saturday classes so I was able to sleep in a little bit the next morning. Caiden kept a low grade fever going during the day and at night spiked to 103. On Sunday he seemed his normal self, but....
CORGAN started running a fever! He had two red splotches on his cheeks and really glassy eyes and looked pretty miserable. I took him to the doctor today and he has Fifth Disease, which is only contagious BEFORE the rash. Sorry everyone.
After we got home from the doctor, Corgan climbed up on the couch and fell asleep for an hour. Then, woke up, crawled into bed with me and Caiden and slept for another two hours. When he woke up, he laid in my bed and watched Iron Giant (his favorite).
It is so hard to watch your children be in pain. Whenever I ask Corgan if he's ok, he shakes his head and says, "No. I'm not bine." We don't quite have our "f's" down properly.
Oh, and I lost my camera. So, sorry folks. No pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I hope everyone is bine really soon! I guess when it rains, it pours. One good thing, adults don't get fifths disease...but they do get fatigue disease!
I'm sorry to hear about your sick little boys! I hope everyone is better soon. We miss seeing them...and you!
Aww, poor babies!!!
Wow... So sorry about your kiddos. Sounds like my house. Carter's ears keep draining and our ENT threatened last time we saw him that if we couldn't clear it up we would have to take out his adnoids too. woo hoo.
By the way, who is your ENT and Audiologist?
Wow! I don't know how you do it! Wish we could be closer to help out. Take care of yourself!
WOW--sounds like you guys have been through the ringer:( Poor little guys! I hope everyone is on the mend! I hope you didn't love your camera too much?!
We go to Dr. Bauer also. Corgan's audiologist is Bari Pham at Cook Children's in Hurst. She is WONDERFUL, but a total haul to get to.
Amanda, I just miss having a camera!!! It was pretty new! ARGH!
Kelly, sounds like a mad house over there. Hope things are settling down by now. I hope the surgery will be a turning point. It did wonders for my little brother when he got his out. It really changed things for him for hte better. Miss u!
Oh man...you have been having a tough time. Sorry for the sickies and the surgery :( Hope things have turned around and everyone is feeling better.
Post a Comment