Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Humpty Dumpty Day

Caiden had his 15 month well baby visit today and all is well. He is still freaking skinny, 15th percentile, but is average for length and head. He didn't get his immunizations today because he was running a fever for the last couple of days, and I just wanted to play it safe.

When we got home I decided we were going to have a Humpty Dumpty Day. I boiled a bunch of eggs and drew a few pictures for the boys to color. The first was a picture of Humpty Dumpty, the next was of him falling off the wall, and the third was a picture of a broken Humpty Dumpty with a horse and the king's men. Corgan had a blast using his watercolors to color the pictures. Then we played with playdoh and made little horses and crashed a playdoh egg over and over. When the eggs were done, I drew little faces on them and Corgan acted out the whole Humpty Dumpty story for me. We ate looooots of eggs for lunch today!

I've decided to try to pick a theme for every day that they aren't at summer camp. We'll pick a book and do a craft that corresponds. I wish I could take credit for this great idea, but I'll give credit where credit is due....

http://seren-zipitydoda.blogspot.com/

My mom came across this blog and turned me on to it. This woman has some of the best ideas!!!

I wish I could say that I have some fantastic pictures of today, but no camera. Sorry folks. Use your imagination.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

get a camera!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

That's so cool!

Jodi said...

Humpty Dumpty Day...how cool! You're such a good mom :) I will definitley have to check out that site. Thanks for the tip.

Jamie Dana said...

What a great idea Kelly. Katelyn and I got a Humpty dumpty book from the library and did the little hard boiled egg thing too. She loved it.

You are a great mom. Thanks for passing on the web site. I'll have to check it out.