Monday, December 25, 2006

My how you've grown...

HELLO WORLD!!!!!!!!!

Well, two years ago on Christmas Day I received the best gift in the whole wide world! My first child, Corgan. And my, how he has grown. I was looking at him today, just in awe of what a big boy he is. He's no longer a baby and while it makes me sad, I'm so excited for all the things to come. I was tearing up while I reminisced about the two years I've had as this special little boy's mommy. Even as I write this, little Caiden is kneeing me in the gut, letting me know that in just a couple of months I'll have another little guy to love and kiss and hug! How amazing!

Being in labor on Christmas Day sucks. For one, there is nothing on tv except for A Christmas Story, which is fine once, maybe twice, but for TWENTY FOUR HOURS straight?! The nursing staff is less than stellar since the only ones there are those who drew the short straw (hence my being given 100 mg of pitocin instead of 10 leading to a lovely emergency c-section), no food places are open (my parents and Travis ate fritos from the vending machine for their Christmas feast), and your kid is forever destined to have a crappy birthday for THE REST OF HIS LIFE. However, he does share one of the best celebratory days of the year with someone very special!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORGAN!!!!!!!!! That was such a sweet post Kelly:) IT ALMOST made me baby hungry....notice the "almost"!!!! HA, ha!!!! I never thought of all those reasons why labor would SUCK on Christmas!!!! UUUGGG! But look at what an amazing kid you got out of it:) I cannot believe they overdosed you on piticon!!!! I would have sued the hospital...(I know that is not really keeping with the Christmas spirit!) So did you have to be induced on Christmas...or was it the day before?????? Well, enjoy your Christmas and Corgan's Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Corgan!!!! We love you.

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

What a special boy Corgan is. We'll just have to have extra special parties for him so his birthdays don't suck. Happy Birthday, Corgan!!!