In February of 2000 I was living in Utah, taking a semester off from school for health reasons and working full time as a manager at the local Cinemark. My gorgeous beauty queen roommate Alisha was engaged and her fiance Jimmy played in a band with his brother at the local hangout. Alisha would go every Wednesday to see Jimmy play and decided to drag her lazy butt, boyfriendless roommate along for the ride. As one crappy band cleared the stage to make room for Dave Eaton and the Ambiguous Son (catchy, isn't it?), Jimmy decided to get up on stage to "entertain" the masses. Jimmy took it upon himself to drag his fiancee's lonely, lazy butt, boyfriendless roommate on stage to make a "love connection" with his older brother Dave's friend, Travis.
We get on stage and Jimmy asks us questions like, "What's your favorite color?" I reply, "Red." Travis, "Black." "GREAT! You're perfect for eachother! Hug!!!"
"Do you like going to the movies?" "Uh, yeah." I so eloquently respond. Travis nods. "AMAZING! You have soooo much in common! HUG!"
I ended up hugging this strange man about five times before we were released from our torture. This was quite the icebreaker! Travis and I started talking and he asked if I wanted to get icecream afterwards. I thought, "Why the heck not. I hugged this man five times, I think he owes me icecream." I invited Jimmy and Alisha to join us. Afterall, there's safety in numbers, right?
I remember Jimmy pulling me aside to tell me that Travis was a great guy, and would never hurt me. Considering I had just had my heart ripped out and crapped on, that was a major plus. I decided to give it a shot....
Travis asked me out on our first date that night. Now, seven years and about fifty pounds later, we are still going strong and have two beautiful boys! Thanks Jimmy! You rock!



9 comments:
Such a cute family picture of you guys. Travis has his eyes open! Cute boys!!! You look awesome! I'm glad all of you will be able to be here this weekend.
By the way, is Caiden going to take after Uncle Larry and look at everyone's feet? That's what it looks like he's doing...looking at your feet.
I remember that story. It's such a great one because it's so unusual. Love the family pic!
What ever happened to Alisha? I know she had a little girl. Molly, right?
awe, how sweet...I love it...now do a post about how you met me and include some pictures...nah im just kidding...haha....cutest family!!!
Cute story, Kelly. Cute picture, too.
Hum.... look at last posting.... whole posting on feet.... and I am the one that has a feet thing?
I love this post! VERY sweet!
I need a roommate!!
Neat story! I really like your family picture.
Post a Comment