Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Corgan's Obsession...

Anyone who knows Corgan knows that he LOOOOVES balloons. At Travis's birthday party on Saturday, Corgan sang "Happy Birthday to Balloons..." Every where we go he looks for balloons! One time we were going to go to lunch at Chick-fil-A and had to get our food to go because there were balloons there. He freaks out... He loves to let balloons go and see how high they can go. We actually have a Chuck E. Cheese mylar balloon that it stuck to our skylight in the bathroom because Corgan had to take the balloon to the highest point in the house and let it go. Whenever he goes in the bathroom he points up to the skylight and says, "Balloon is toooo high..." Um, yeah. Butt nugget. How do you scrape melted on balloon off of your skylight?

I really think he dreams about balloons. He'll wake up from a nap and say, "Too high in the sky..." He has me draw balloons for them. Corgan directs me as to where the string, nose, eyes, mouth, ears, hearing aides, hair, and glasses go. Our balloons aren't just ovals on a string. They are entire personalities. Tonight, Corgan and Nana were drawing balloons, and Corgan decided he'd try his hand at the fine art of balloon creation...

Corgan's first attempt at drawing a balloon...(those are eyes and a mouth...)


Corgan's balloon versus Nana's. (Don't tell mom, but I like Corgan's better...)

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like his better too. He's always full of surprises.

Charlotta-love said...

Cute. I'm glad he enjoys balloons. If I ever go on Fear Factor, the one event that would scare me to bits would be me in a room full of balloons. They scare me.

Amanda said...

I LOVE their first drawings!!!!! Isn't it amazing???!!!!

Mandie said...

Be glad he chose balloons. I have a nephew that used to walk around with a wooden spoon. He wouldn't go anywhere without it. He called it "hi-yah."

Mandie said...

Oh, and totally random question... where did you hear about the Pioneer Woman? I found her on your link list and I'm fascinated by her!

Kelly said...

my sister actually stumbled into her website. she's hilarious, isn't she? the first time i found her, i spent literally hours on her site...

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Yes, I take credit for PW. I found her while blog surfing.

I LOVE Corgan's balloon pictures! very artistic!

Charlotta-love said...

I'm addicted to Pioneer Woman also. She has a huge following.

Anonymous said...

Cute drawings.