Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Dad....


That handsome guy in the blue is my dad. He is fabulous! I am so lucky to have a kind hearted, funny, loving man as my dad. It doesn't matter how "grown up" you are, you still need your daddy every once in a while. When I was in labor with Corgan, my mom and dad came out to Georgia to be with me and Travis. It seemed like every single time my dad left the room, something scary would happen. The first time, there was meconium in the water, the next time I had a bad reaction to the epidural and my blood pressure dropped, the last time he left, they overdosed me on pitocin and I had a ten minute contraction that they couldn't stop. Now, my dad being a doctor, I can only imagine the lack of control he felt when he walked into the room to see his daughter surrounded by medical staff, the doctor (finally) ordering an emergency cesarean. I told the nurse that I wanted my dad in the delivery room. She said, "Well, you're really only supposed to have one person with you..." I said, "My dad is coming in." Now, considering the fact that she was the idiot that upped my pitocin from 8 to 100 thinking there was a decimal point between the zeroes, she really didn't want to argue with me.

I had Travis holding my hand and my dad overseeing the surgery. I breathed a sigh of relief. I just knew that if my dad was there, I was safe. And sure enough, I was. During my subsequent stay and recovery at the hospital, the staff was REALLY nice to me... Apparently someone wrote in my chart, "Patient's father is a physician." I was no ordinary fool. I was a well informed fool with a really smart dad. Ah, the power...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your parents!

Anonymous said...

I love the thoughts on your father. There is something about having Dad oversee things...you know everything will turn out OK!

Here's my blog site:
jodislife73.spaces.live.com

Stop by =)

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know what to say except, "Thank you".
I have been blessed to have five really wonderful children.