Girls camp was suprisingly fun! Hotter than hades, but fun! The girls in my ward are AWESOME. We didn't have any of the drama, there were no cliques, everyone got along great! I was so proud of them!!!! We had the ghetto cabin, but still had air conditioner, a full sized fridge, microwave and plumbing. That's my idea of roughing it! We didn't have ANY hot water, but in 100 plus degree weather, that was actually a nicety! We had a lot of outdoor activities, but I got a bucket of water dumped on me, so it was doable. Those dang YCLs!!! The food was... well... let's just say I made a few trips to McDonalds. I came home early because two nights away from Corgan was way more than enough for both of us. He was sooo good for my mom. He just loves her to bits! When I got home Friday morning he was asleep so I just snuggled with him for a minute then took a nice nap. I woke up to Corgan saying, "MAMA!!!! (which sounded more like "NAHNAH" but I knew what he meant)" and him wrapping his arms around my neck. I tell you what, there is nothing better than slobbery kisses from your baby. My mom helped Corgan make the CUTEST card! She traced the outline of his hands and "helped" him write "I love Mommy" on the front. I'm going to have it framed!!!!
The next day I drove to Paris with Mom to work in the clinic. I was kind of frustrated because I had to miss out on going to Travis's company picnic, but I'd already told Dad I would work that one Saturday a month so he was counting on me. Travis and Corgan went to the picnic and it wore him out! He rode a horse, had his hand painted, had a caricature done and played all kinds of games. He took like a four and a half hour nap!
Sunday we went to church and I got a new calling as First Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. The President we had is moving so we got a whole new presidency. I'm the only one that was in there before. I think we have a really great group. Susan Sampson is the president and she is awesome! I can't wait to get to know her and the other ladies better.
Corgan was acting fussy at church and afterward he went down for a nap and fell off the bed, hitting his head on the radio (I think....) and boy did it freak us out. He was laying right next to me and rolled right off the bed. He cried for about fifteen minutes and we really couldn't calm him down so we called the doctor and they said that as long as he wasn't unconcious or vomiting, then he was probably ok. We had to do neurological tests on him every two hours to make sure he could move all his extremities. At our 12:30 am check, I felt him and he was burning up. I checked his temp and it was 103. He was soooo hot. I gave him some Motrin and he slept with us (in the middle so he couldn't fall off....) and this morning he acted fine. I took him to the gym to go to the Kid's Club while I taught my class and afterward he acted soooo tired and took about an hour nap, waking up with another fever of a little over 100. I called the doctor (I swear they know my voice by now) and took him in. They think he has a viral infection and basically said to try to keep him hydrated and medicated. We had Terry Jetton come over and assist Travis in giving him a blessing. Hopefully he'll be better tomorrow. We have a busy day ahead of us! He has speech therapy and ECI! I'll keep you all posted....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad girls camp was fun! I remember going as a leader...fun times!
I'm sorry Corgan isn't feeling well. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better soon.
I told you that you would enjoy girls camp. I would not have been able to do it in this heat though!
Post a Comment