I know you are all just on pins and needles, wondering what the heck is going on!! Let me just tell you what. The last couple of weeks of pregnancy have been full of drama! One minute I'm ready for a VBAC, next I'm scheduled for a c-section on Monday. It's been very stressful! Well, today I was having contractions pretty much every ten minutes, but I was worried since the baby wasn't moving very much and had all these visions of the cord being stepped on and was basically just freaking out so I called my doctor.
To make a long story short, he wanted to see me and do an ultrasound to see if the baby was still breech and if he was, go ahead and have a c-section since I'm in the early stages of labor. (Yup. I am in the early stages of labor. Have been since he stripped my membranes, but whatever.) Sure enough, Caiden has thrown us for a loop again and he is now HEAD DOWN!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! Did I do any special exercises or lay on an ironing board? Nope. I just decided that if he was going to turn, he was going to turn. Worked for me!
Anyway, I was checked and am still only a one. Dr. Montanaro decided he wants to have me induced on Friday morning at the butt crack of dawn. More drama. I asked him if it was really necessary and he said it was, that I was already in the early stages of labor and have been for a while with no progression, the placenta is old and getting calcifications, and if I really, really want to have a VBAC, then we needed to get this done. Apparently he has to physically be AT the hospital the ENTIRE time that I am in labor. The WHOLE STINKING TIME. It doesn't matter that his office is right across the street, he has to be on the premises. He said he knew how much I wanted a VBAC and was going to do everything in his power to help me accomplish my goals. I love this man.
This story is still really long, so I'll summarize the next half for ya. I felt conflicted about what to do, and made it a matter of prayer. Almost instantly "LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR" went through my head. So, after I decided to listen to my Heavenly Father, I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. Everything is going to be OK. I know it.
So, I've been having contractions and am hoping to go into labor on my own. It would figure that I would, since that would add another twist the the plot of my story. But, it really doesn't matter what happens as long as Caiden is healthy, I will have succeeded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
This has been a fun ride....can I get off now???? Naw, I'm just kidding. Kelly has really had her ups and downs the past few days. Now, we know Caiden will be here by Friday and what will be will be, so let the show begin! We aren't really totally ready for him yet (room still needs a few things done to it), but we're hoping that just makes him come sooner. You know, it's interesting, I always had such easy labors and deliveries (mostly) and thought my daughters would too, but noooooooo. They must take after their father's side of the family.
Woohoo! I'm so glad he turned. I had a feeling since he turned head up so quickly that he would turn back. I thought one of the conditions for a VBAC was that you couldn't be induced?
See you tomorrow!!!!! I'll come over and keep Mom company while you labor away the day. And then we'll bring the kids to meet Caiden! I love you!
I'm excited! We will keep our fingers crossed you go into labor naturally before Friday, but will be happy to have Caiden here for the weekend!
Love you!
GOOD LUCK! I hope you get your V-BAC!
Oh, I see how things are. You ask me what you should do and I tell you to listen to your doctor. But, Nooooooooo you don't trust my advice you have to pray about it.
All kidding aside, I'm so happy everything turned out well.
Incidentally, you looked great last night, someone needs to post a pic of you and Corgan sitting up in the hospital bed eating french fries. A Kodac moment if ever there was one.
Post a Comment