Well, I am now about 38 weeks. When I asked Dr. Montanaro last time what my due date was, he said, "Well, it's either the 18th or the 25th. Sometime around there." I love that man. Having a range is so nice and I feel so much less pressure this time around. But, I am feeling other symptoms. I've been reading the usual... "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "The Pregnancy Book." I think it's really interesting to read about what you may be feeling physically and emotionally at different stages in your pregnancy.
"More Ambivalent": So, yeah, I'm excited to hold Caiden, sleep on my back and tummy, and have a mini vacation courtesy of Trinity Medical Center, but then I stop and think, "What the heck?! I'm gonna have TWO?" It's those moments of clarity that I decide, Caiden can be in my belly for just as long as he wants to be. But then, I think, "Oh, I can't wait to hold my baby." And so goes the cycle of ambivilance.
"Craving Solitude": I have become very antisocial. I have to force myself to put a bra on, brush my nappy hair and venture outside of my safe four walls. It's a very odd feeling for me.
"More Sensitive": Oh, dear. I am DEFINITELY more sensitive. Case in point: Last night I was sitting at the computer playing Scrabble Blast and Travis was asking my what was wrong. "Nothing." "You look really mad." "I'm fine." Now normally when a woman says, "I'm fine" she is anything but. But, actually at that moment I was fine. I was just trying to find a really long word so I could get a lot of points. I was concentrating. The facial expression is apparently easily confused with anger. I'll have to work on that.
Anyway, so he keeps pestering me. I feel as though I'm being verbally attacked and start to cry. Another thing that is not common for me. I got started and couldn't stop, so I go and lay on the bed, sobbing my little heart out (don't you feel sorry for me?). Travis and Corgan come in and Corgan gets this really concerned look on his face and says, "Uh oh! Mommy sad? It's ok Mommy." He kept wiping my tears away and giving me these really big hugs. Which of course, made me cry even harder since my son is such a sweet, sweet empathetic little boy. He kept telling me everything was going to be ok. Just like I do to him. And his little eyes welled up with tears... Sniff sniff.
"More Concerned": Not really. It's been done before.
"More Scared": Not of labor, but of having two little boys? Um, yeah.
"More Nesting Instincts": I am so over that. I'm too tired.
So, there you have it. I'm just as crazy as the next pregnant woman. Very reassuring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for the update and the good laugh:) I would go crazy if I didn't at least know my exact due date! I mean those dates are a week apart---so how do you even know how far overdue (which date) will he let you go?
It should drive me crazy!!! I think the 25th is more accurate since it was from the first ultrasound, but who the heck knows?!
Someone borrowed my books so I haven't been keeping up on my emotional and physical states. What kind of emotions does a six month pregnant woman have? ... Although I'm sure I'm also just as crazy as the next pregnant woman.
Post a Comment