Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Pregnancy Update....

Well, I had my 39 week checkup at the doctor's today. Pretty eventful! I am now a ONE (I regressed?!) and as he was checking me, he said, "I don't feel the baby's head. I don't feel anything... Oh, wait. I think that's either a hand or a foot." Of course I was about to crap my britches, but restrained myself since I had no britches to crap in. I'm sure Dr. Montanaro appreciated my restraint. Anyway, he said he was going to have an ultrasound done to see where this kid's head is, and guess what....

Yup, that is an illustration of Caiden's position. Except he has BOTH feet in my cervix. Nice thought, huh? No wonder I'm so stinking uncomfortable. Not only does he have his freakin feet in my cervix, but his head is literally under my ribs! The doctor was going to try and get him to turn, but he couldn't get to his head!!! Sheesh. So, my hopes and dreams and aspirations of a VBAC are pretty much nil. I'm scheduled for a c-section on Monday at noon. Dr. Montanaro's going to check me prior to surgery to make sure Caiden hasn't turned, but things don't look too promising.

I know there are some options, but I really don't feel comfortable with lying upside down on an ironing board (I'm serious... someone actually suggested that) or going to a chiropractor. There just isn't any guarantee that they won't compromise the health of my baby. So, if he's meant to turn, he will. If not, looks like I'll be having another c-section. Sigh.

9 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Wow, how uncomfortable! I know Emily was like that for some time, but not this close to the end. Poor Kelly!!!!

Amanda said...

So Sorry:( That is frustrating I am sure:( But as long as you get that baby here safe and sound then it doesn't matter HOW...right?

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!!! I was routing for a VBAC for you. I would be so frustrated!!! Did he all of a sudden turn? I hoping if he turned so quickly this time, he'll do it again to get in the right position.

Anonymous said...

It might be a little late, but it's worth a shot. Check out spinningbabies.com They have some positions/exercises you can do to help the baby turn.

Mandie said...

Oh no! I'm so sad!!! I was going to live my VBAC dream vicariously through you! Are you sad? I mean, either way you're gonna get a baby, but I always kinda felt like I was jipped. I'm secretly wishing I go into fast labor early so they have no choice but to take him vaginally.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that sucks...but as long as the baby is full term and healthy what more can you ask for? It's going to be so exciting...LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!! yay! VBAC or C it's still a magical moment and your still a wonderful mother no matter how you deliver. I can't wait until he gets here...and if you go into labor before Mon. you better call me! :)

Anonymous said...

Wait a second!! I was betting that you were going to have Caiden on Thursday, so call the doctor and reschedule for tomorrow the 22nd.
I'll bring over an ironing board and you better hang upside down on it. I'll also bring my chiropractor, some witch-hazel, a spicy potato-frito-cheese burrito from Taco Bell, and a hula-hoop. Together, we can get this kid popping out without any issues.

Kelly said...

Oh, Michael. You crack me up!!!!