I'm having trouble posting pics. I know you guys are all in suspense, just waiting to see the pictures from Corgan's birthday extravaganza. But, alas, you will have to wait. Sorry to disappoint. So, in lieu of pictures of cake, pizza and fun, I will have to thrill you with memories of my past. I've decided to start confessing things I've done that were just really, really stupid, in hopes that it will prevent you from doing the same. Learn from others. It's safer and painless!
When I was a senior in high school I was on the cheerleading squad. I know, hard to believe. But, I really was. Promise. I wasn't any good, but you really didn't have to be GOOD for a small school. You just had to be able to fit in the uniform and count to three. So, I qualified. In my sophomore year of high school my parents moved the family to a town thirty minutes away, but since my older brother and I were very involved in the high school, my parents let us drive to and from Honey Grove every day for school. I think they were hoping we'd tire of it and consent to go to Paris High, but Jason and I did this for two and a half years.
I got to where I could literally drive that two lane highway with my eyes closed. Or with the headlights off. Whatever my teenage stupidity felt like attempting that day. But, my senior year of high school I did the ultimate stupid thing while driving a stick shift.
I had forgotten my cheerleading outfit so had to run home after school, grab it and then head off to the football game. Now, I couldn't be late, since that would mean a demerit. Ooooh. Scary. So, all I had time for was to grab my uniform and jump back into my little Ford Escort and fly back down the highway. Here's my confession:
I changed into my uniform on the way to the game.
Now, this may not seem like a huge deal to some, but let me tell you what. Driving 80 miles per hour (yes mom. I was a speed demon) down a two lane highway with the sun in your eyes and changing into a skin tight cheerleader uniform with bloomers AND getting your shoes tied, is quite a feat. Not for the faint of heart, I'll tell you that.
The good news is, I survived. The bad news is, some truckers probably got an eye full. Ewww...
Which actually leads me into another confession that I won't delve into today. But it has to do with driving during rush hour traffic in Alabama while pumping breast milk. Yes, I am quite the multi tasker. Not only can I change clothes (Superman has the phonebooth, I have the car) but I can make like a dairy cow during rush hour traffic. Anything to make the drive more interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
LOL!!!! So funny kelly! I learned so much about you in that one post! I can't wait to hear more confessions!
Hilarious. What about the time you breast fed Corgan while he was in his carseat?
I nearly soiled myself when she pumped with me in the car with her...going down the freeway somewhere between Georgia and Texas. I have trouble driving with two hands and can't imagine driving with only my knee! At least you did have shoes on!
AAAAAHHHHH what is with the shoe comments!!!! I am missing something and it's driving me bonkers!!!!!
You're amazing and funny.
Post a Comment