Sunday, January 14, 2007
Crazy Texans....
I have been home bound for two whole days and am starting to go a little nutty. The house is clean, the laundry is done, I've worked out and read books. I AM SO SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came home early from working at my dad's clinic since it was supposed to be horrid and icy on Saturday, so I drove home in a freakin hurricane since I didn't want to be stranded in Paris for four days (no offense mom and dad). Saturday we stayed home due to a "chance" of an ice storm. Nothin. I was really looking forward to church today since Corgan needed an outlet and I needed to socialize, but we got a call that church was cancelled today due to a "chance" of an ice storm. Come one people!!!! When I went to college in Utah, you went to classes in a freakin blizzard! Your eyeballs froze and it hurt to breath, but you bundled up and walked to class. Here, in the great state of Texas, when the weather man says there's a "chance" of an ice storm, we rush to Walmart, buy bottled water and huddle in our homes with the heat cranked up to 75 degrees and moan and complain about how cold it is outside. Sheesh. Now, we probably will be stuck indoors AGAIN tomorrow since there is a CHANCE of AN ICE STORM. GRRRRRRR!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I hear ya:)
Two words: vacation. sunday.
isn't it ridiculous?!?!?
Our ward was also cancelled yesterday. So we decided to have our Family Home Evening. We made paper snowflakes at the end of our lesson it was fun. Then we watched the animated version of The Joseph Smith Story along with some popcorn. Yum!
I do have to admit I kinda like being indoors in the warmth with days off...dont you?
Shahna girl, you need to talk some sense into the man! J/K!!! We had a nice day all warm and snuggly...
Post a Comment