As the month of January slips through my fingers, I begin to... panic. Oh, yes. True, "hiney clenching" (thank you Pioneer Woman), arm pit staining panic.
For those of you who don't know me very well, I'm a bit of a control freak. I like to plan ahead. I hate surprises. For example, Travis's and my first Christmas together I searched the apartment high and low to find my presents. Nowhere to be found, I had a sudden bit of inspiration... THE CAR! Bwaa haa haa haaaaaaaa!!!!! While my unsuspecting husband was on the phone one evening, I nonchalantly went outside and had just opened the trunk, glimpsing my booty when I hear, "What are you doing?" "Ummm, changing the tire?" He didn't buy it. Sure, some spontaneity is good... deciding last minute that you want to go the movies for example. But, for the most part, I like to know what I'm doing in a day. So, needless to say, being in the last few weeks of pregnancy has me a bit on edge. I don't know when, where, or what time I will go into labor. Will it be at church? Will I be at Walmart and have my water break? Or, will it be three o'clock in the freaking morning? What is he going to look like? Are we really SURE he's a HE?!
Last time I was sooooo anxious to have Corgan. Every week I would go to the doctor and be sooo disappointed to find that I hadn't dilated one stinking centimeter. I would be in a totally foul mood the rest of the day. I was ready to be a mother dang it. Ohhhhh, what little I knew! They are so much easier to handle when they're INSIDE. I'm not so much worried about dealing with a newborn. They're pretty much lumps for a while. Corgan has me a bit freaked out. He's quite loud. Do you know that I actually thought the other day that it would be GOOD if Caiden had hearing loss?! What kind of sick person am I? I was just thinking, "Man, if this kid's deaf, too, at least he'll be able to sleep through Corgan's monologues." Bad mommy.
Not only is Corgan loud, but he tends to throw things. At your head. And poke you in the eyes. Hard. He tends to stick things in your ears and up your nose. He climbs and tackles. He is two. And good at it. So tell me it's going to be ok. Reassure me that even if Corgan jumps on Caiden's head and pokes him in the eyes with his talons (you try cutting the kid's fingernails) that Caiden will come out of it unscathed. He will survive, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Does Corgan have large talons? Large talons?
I'm sure he'll be fine. I mean, look at the way he treats Emily and Evan and Eric (what's with all the E names?). He loves babies and I think he'll be fine.
Yeah, I remember those days, Mom and I were worried about how Aaron would treat the new baby, and Michael turned just fin ..........nevermind
It's going to be okay. Not only will Caiden survive,he will get tougher and he will get even! They don't stay helpless babies forever. And I think Corgan is going to surprise you. Big brothers are like that, they surprise you....a lot.
I have no words of advice....but Molly (my sis) Who just had her second..."don't leave the baby down low in the same room with Corgan and leave them alone! Not even for a minute at first!" Of course her 1st is only 19 months old! Good luck:) You'll be fine...But I am a control freak like you so I understand!
I'm a control freak too but that sort of goes out the window the first few weeks after your babe is born. Ben is almost a month and I must say...it's been a blur. Ty knows he can pretty much run a muck when I am in the middle of nursing or a diaper change. Ty doesn't understand the word gentle and likes to try to poke Ben in the eye or push him off my lap if I am nursing Ben. Oh yeah, good times! You'll survive...because you just do what you have to do.
You turned out okay with having 3 older brothers and an older sister! If Caiden is like his Mommy, he will learn really quick to fight back and learn the art of getting out of being duct-taped to a chair. Older brothers are fun! You were a joy to be a sibling to until you learned to kick.
Are you kidding me?!?!?!! Corgan will be awesome with baby....are you forgetting how gentle he is and has always been with? SO GENTLE! that's just corgan he is a gentle boy, he may be loud sometimes but he is defintley not going to accidently hurt the baby.
Thanks everyone! I feel better....
I was very gentle with my little sister.... but she got older, bigger, and she would let her fingernails get long, and attack me........ (for no reason...)
Older brothers are great. They can cure your hiccups and warm up your M&M's for you.... uh-oh... I think I have an idea for my next blog....
Post a Comment