Friday, January 12, 2007

Confession Number Two

I like to consider myself somewhat intelligent. Not brilliant by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I can watch the news and I totally know where Baghdad is, and I think that counts for something. But, some of the simple things, man those get me. Uncle Larry, this confession is for you!!!

My mom and her brother Larry have this ongoing joke that goes back, waaaaaaaaay back to when they were just cute little kids growing up in Northern California. Larry had this duck that Mom accidentally killed. The poor girl was only five, I think, and she snapped his neck in the ironing board. No more duck.

Well, the duck's name was Bill. I just figured out why his name was Bill about three days ago. Like I said, sometimes the simple things go WAAAAAY over my head... I just told Travis and he looked at me like I was the biggest dork. But TRUST ME, Travis has NO ROOM TO TALK. I won't go into it, because after all, this is my own confession.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the pain of a sad, sad story......... Yep Bill was my duck, a fine, fine duck... (or would have been) but his life was cut short... sniff... (it still hurts to talk about it.....) Bill is now stuffed (with a band-aid around his little neck) and on display on my desk at work....

Anonymous said...

Why is the ducks name Bill?

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

LOL! Poor, poor Kelly. Weren't you the one in all those accelerated courses at school?

Amanda said...

So funny! I love these posts!

Anonymous said...

I was only two or three years old and it was totally an accident and I don't know why Big Bro. can't get over it. He needs therapy...a lot of therapy. And Bill's name was really Poopsalot Bill Duck. (Secretly, I think he committed suicide because of his irritable bowel syndrome). He was cute though.

Anonymous said...

MY GOSH! I see your mom completely different now. nah, Im just kidding. I once snuck a frog in the house by hiding him in my shoe...I ran up the stairs and when I took my shoes off to retrieve my little green pet...let's just say he is in a better place now. :( ::tear:: his name was lil kermie.

Anonymous said...

Dearest wife of mine(aka NANA): Why does poor Larry need therapy? You were the one who killed the duck...

Kelly said...

Danielle!!! That is TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't kill the duck...he committed suicide. Didn't you read my earlier message? Danielle, how awful. Chrissy has a frog story, too. She can tell (confess) it though. I don't want to get in trouble.

Anonymous said...

oooooooh Chrissy do tell...is it as mortifying is squished Kermie?

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Okay, picture this: Me. Driving down country road. Frogs on country road. Me, aiming for frogs on country road. Just because of the cool "pish" sound they made.

Anonymous said...

All those poor little Kermies, trying to get home to their families, when this beast of a woman runs them down! I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT CHRISSY. I never see frogs on the road anymore so I bet you got them all.

Kelly said...

THAT IS SO DISGUSTING. OH MY GOODNESS.

Anonymous said...

????????????????OKay, now that I have picked my jaw up off the floor Chrissy, I must say....that is horrible! (although funny the way you tell it) it must have been like a lil kermie masacre! may all the poor Kermies rest in peace. shame on you chrissy. haha!

Anonymous said...

Well...as long as we are confessing about things we did with frogs, I guess I will share. Sam Schultz and I would collect frogs from the pond at the park and throw them from his 2nd floor bedroom window and onto the paved sidewalk. The winner was the one with the biggest splatter.

Anonymous said...

kelly...what's wrong with your family? THEY ARE KERMIE MURDERERS!!!!!!!!!!!lol!!