Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Goals....

I like calling them "goals" instead of "resolutions." That way, if I don't keep my goals, it sounds better than breaking my resolutions. I don't know. Makes sense to me. Anyway, here goes nothing. Putting it in writing and letting the world see them makes them a bit more concrete. Keep me accountable you guys....

1. Read my scriptures every day. Not just read, but actually ingest, study and understand. I would like to read the New Testament all the way through.

2. Get back down to my pre pregnancy weight. Or at least fit into the pants. Weight is just a number.

3. Be a better mom. Lose my temper less. Actually TEACH my children, instead of just sitting on my butt.

4. Be a better wife. Lose my temper less. Actually go on dates with my husband and talk with him. Not just talk at him or let my mind wander when he's telling me something. Even if it has to do with computers. I'll try to listen better.

5. Lose my temper less. That's a biggie.

6. Go to the temple at least once a quarter.

7. Get back on a budget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Be nicer to myself. I'm really hard on myself when it comes to, well, pretty much everything. I need to learn how to relax and enjoy the ride.

9. Be a better housekeeper. I've tried assigning a day of the week for a particular task, but that worked for two days. Not even the whole week, just two days. Maybe I should try that again. They say it takes twenty eight days to make a habit. I think I'll try that!

10. Work out at least five times a week. That'll be easy. Hey, you have to have some easy goals or you just get frustrated and give up all together!!!

So, there you go! My top ten goals for 2007. Now, I'm counting on you guys to keep me in line, k? I need some accountability!!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW---You have some GREAT Goals:) I never make any---that way I never feel bad! (okay, I know, That is a very LAME excuse!)

Mandie said...

You are very brave to post them for all to see! Those are some great goals! Good luck with them!

Charlotta-love said...

I have a goal to go to the gym twice a week during my lunch hour. I went yesterday for the first time. I told the girl at the front desk about my goal. When I left (30 minutes later) she said, "WHAT? Done already?!" Hey...back up off me...at least I came.
Day 1: success
Day 2: to be determined

Great goals Kelly.