Ok, it wasn't technically a "ride" since it wasn't actually moving down the road, but yes, I did get very intimate with the inside of an Oklahoma State Trooper's vehicle. Wanna know how?
Travis and I went on a little vacation to a secluded cabin up in South Eastern Oklahoma near Beaver's Bend. We were cruising down this winding back road in the foothills and apparently I was speeding. A bit. Well, we come up on TWO state troopers, BOTH turn on their lights, but thankfully only one pulled me over. I think I would have birthed Caiden right then and there if I had two cops knocking on my window. Anyway, guess who didn't have her driver's license! Oh, yeah. AND, guess who didn't have the most current insurance card in her car? Yep, that would be ME! I swear, every single time I go on vacation, SOMETHING bad happens. I told Travis that I have the Patron Saint of Vacation Hell as my personal saint.
Anyway, so this trooper asks me to come back to his car and have a seat while he looks up my driver's license in his nifty computer. I said, "I've never been in a cop car before." He responds, "At least you're in the front." Me, being the idiot that I am, actually thought I was going to be arrested for not having a license or proof of insurance and was going to sit in the back seat and bawl my little eyes out. Whew.
So, sitting in the hot seat, he politely asks me for my information. Date of birth, address, height, weight, etc. When I asked if he wanted pre-pregnancy weight or current, he just laughed and said it didn't matter. I think that was the moment I knew that everything was going to be ok. I didn't get a ticket, just a warning. Apparently he felt sorry for a fat pregnant chick with no makeup and bed head. Nice man. And, I learned something new! In Oklahoma, two lane highways are 65, NEVER 70 like they are in Texas. Who knew? Not me, but thought I'd share so you don't have to sit in a state trooper's car like I did and have rubber neckers driving by ten miles an hour to check out the new felon in the area.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Did you have your shoes on?
Hey, you didn't tell your mom about all this...only you could get by without getting a ticket, sheesh. I'm glad Corgan wasn't with you, it could've warped him seeing his mommy taken away from him by a cop, even if it was just to sit in his car. By the way, did you learn anything???
AWESOME! Kelly, you always do things that I learn from. Are you sure you're not the older sister? Shouldn't I be doing stuff that you learn from?
WOW!!!! Glad you got such a nice state trooper:) That just added a little excitement to your vacation!!!
Kelly - nice going. Great way to talk yourself out of a speeding ticket. Have you learned your lesson?
Mom - uhhh, we don't always tell you everything. Sometime I'll fill you in on what it is like to have two police cars and a police motorcycle following you with their lights flashing and sirens blaring. grin.
Chrissy, you've always been the "good" child. Stay that way, please.
WHAT?????? Aaron, do we need to have a little talk?
Uncle Larry, it MUST have been the shoes. They don't see shoes on people much in the mountains. They must have been impressed with my wealth.
That's crazy!
I get stuck in a shirt in a dressing room...you get pulled over by a state trooper. We all have our moments of glory. :o)
Reminds me of the time you hit Mr. Baker's jeep. Only you could get out of that one. For those of you that don't know... Mr. Baker was the Justice of the Peace at our High School.... if I remember right he also got you out of your first speeding ticket.... how I hate you.
rebel! okay, how come every time "uncle larry" posts something on yours and chrissys blog....it always has something to do with shoes....bare feet.....fill me in...please.
Danielle...I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Kelly's Uncle Larry has a foot fettish. He never looks at people's faces, he just looks at their feet and usually starts drooling. It's quite embarrassing, but the family is pretty much used to it.
Hahahaha ok that makes a little more sense to me....now that means he likes feet right...not gets grossed out by them.
Nana
Don't make me start talking about what you did to Bill.......
Poor, poor Bill. Big grin.
Post a Comment